A WILDLIFE PHENOMENON
Humpback whales and Orcas have been sighted in large numbers feeding on herring. Scott Portelli and Waterproof Expeditions offers great opportunities for whale watching, photography and snorkeling in the crystal clear Arctic waters, which is an experience in itself!
This trip is for anyone interested in orcas, humpback whales, white tailed eagles, Arctic winter, Northern lights, moose and spectacular landscape. The best time of the year for this phenomena is November through the end of February when the balance between light and access to herring and whales is at its best. The winter days in Norway provide excellent light for photography. We will spend the daylight hours looking for whales and other wildlife and, if the opportunity occurs, snorkel in the crystal clear waters.
With the newly rebuilt live aboard yacht MV ‘Malmö’, we are flexible to follow the herring and the orcas deep in the fjords and deliver great chances of success.
During the darker hours you will enjoy the warm and cozy comfort of the expedition yacht while our expert guides entertain you with presentations and educational information on wildlife and cinematography. Excellent food is served with a fine selection of wines and beers.
Arrival at Evenes or Tromso airport and transfer to the harbor to board the MV Malmö in the afternoon.
Day 2 – 6
We follow the schools of herring and pods of Orcas in the protected surroundings of the beautiful Norwegian fjords. Prepare for cold but rewarding days out at sea with spectacular sightings of an unique display of nature. Have your cameras charged and whenever possible be ready to slip into the cold water for a polar snorkel adventure or enjoy the phenomena from the spacious deck on board the comfortable expedition yacht, MV Malmö.
Disembarkation and transfer to the airport.
A comfortable expedition vessel, recently refurbished and a piece of maritime history, with large wooden deck space and ‘al fresco’ dining area. With 2 large zodiacs and experienced expedition team, the ship provides the ideal platform for small groups, families, friends and incentives looking for the ultimate Arctic wildlife experience in the utmost comfort.
The vessel carries a maximum of 15 guests in 7 outside twin cabins. All cabins are serviced daily and a laundry service is available.
- 4x twin cabins with bunk beds and private shower and toilet in the cabin
- 2x twin cabins with bunk beds and shared facilities and washbasin in the cabin
- 1x triple cabin with bunk beds and private shower and toilet in the cabin
International cuisine is served in the cozy lounge with bar and direct access to the ‘al- fresco’ dining area outside. The bar is stocked with alcoholic beverages and sodas and of course we take care of your special wine request. A separate saloon with lots of books and tv screen is a great room for relaxing moments after an exciting day full of adventures.
Dates & Rates
- 9 – 15 November 2021: EUR 3960
- 16 – 22 November 2021: EUR 3960
- 23 – 29 November 2021: EUR 3960
- Group transfer from airport to vessel
- Comfortable accommodation in your choice of cabin
- Full board, coffee and tea
- Snorkel equipment (D9 Waterproof Snorkel Drysuit, fins, mask, snorkel, boots, gloves and hood)
- All activities and lectures on board
- Experienced expedition leader and guide
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
Price do not include
- International and domestic flights
- Excess baggage charges on flight
- All items of a personal nature such as laundry, meals ashore, bar, beverages and telecommunication charges
- Pre- and post-voyage packages with air and hotel, available upon request
Please review our Terms & Conditions and Cancellation policy.
For more information contact us through the website or directly via email at email@example.com or +61 (0)40212445